Charms, Charms, Everywhere Charms!

Okay, I'm an old hippie, I've told ya'll that before....did you pick up on that...a "southern hippie" ya'll....so, when I was deciding on a title for this post all I could hear in my head was a great song from 1974...Signs, Signs, everywhere Signs! Anyone remember that oldie but goodie?

Yes, I know, some of you were not even born then....so, to get onto this bracelet. A charm bracelet to be specific. I so remember when I was a young girl, my Aunt Vida had a beautiful gold charm bracelet with charms of her grand-children's names, and I loved it! I would sneak to her jewelry box when I was visiting with her and put it on. I loved the way it sparkled and the songs it would make when you had it on.

I so wanted it and still think of it often, but, I don't think I will ever be able to afford a gold charm bracelet.....so, thinking of that bracelet and being all of canvas and wood to paint on, I pulled out all my jewelry making stuff. Finding that sometime I had bought a pack of brass jump rings, I thought why not hook them together and make a brass charm bracelet. After hooking them together where it would fit perfectly and adding a huge lobster claw clasp, I then had to find charms for it.

Again, I went digging again in the "magic jewelry making stuff box"and found two bracelets I had picked up from Big Lots make at the first of Spring. They had cute little charms on them, but the bangles were to small to fit over my wrist.....so, taking them off and adding them to charm bracelet worked perfectly. I went next door and grabbed my neighbor, Lyn, who has a small wrist, if she wanted to model her wrist for me...lol










I really like the way it turned out and a BIG THANK YOU to Lyn for lending her pretty slender wrist for photos!



Blessings,

Deborah

Comments

  1. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the signs? Hahaha - I'm an old hippie from California! The bracelet is beautiful - love the charms! Have a wonderful weekend, Deborah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my Networking Party. I am already a follower of your lovely blog. If you have a shop online (Sorry I couldn't remember) Please stop back and at the top where it lists my pages there is several shop directories that you can add it to. Each is a little different 1 is for handmades, 1 for vintage, 1 for upcycled etc. If you have more than one shop there is no limit also if your shop has a mixture you list it under each directory that is fitting. Hope you have a very productive and blessed weekend.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that song well... love your new bracelet what a great idea to upcycle these this way. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the song, love the bracelet! So shiny, jingly and full of memories :) Thanks for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting