DIY Valentine's Wreath....Dollar Tree Style!

Happy Saturday Evening....

That day for romantics....that day where flowers are bought...and chocolate factories work overtime for is fast approaching! 

Okay, I hate to admit it, but Valentine's Day has never been one of those holidays that I ever took the time to decorate for. Nope....it use to be the day that I ran around at the last minute to buy candy for my children...and sneak a little chocolate heart for myself! Oh,now don't get me wrong, I always bought the pretty cards for my ex.......made the goodie bags for the children....made cookies for the children to take to school.....but, that was about it. And, now that the children are grown and I've been single for 8 years now...well, Valentine's hasn't been a high priority.

But, now I'm a grandmother of two adorable grandchildren, and I can't wait! I already have little stuffed animals picked out...cards and candies for both of them...I just have to remember to mail them this week...lol.  So, I decided I would make a little wreath for the front door, but, didn't want to spend tons to do it. A quick trip to Dollar Tree.....items bought, pull the glue gun out....and well, a very simple wreath for the front screen door.

A small green styrofoam wreath form....packages of felt hearts....material I already had on hand and BAM....here is what I got....




It isn't anything fancy, but, it added a dash of color and cuteness to the door.

Blessings,

Deborah

Comments

  1. HI From the Submarine Sunday #70 link party. I love this cute idea. I love decorating with wreaths. Wreaths are affordable, festive, and fun way to decorate your home. Thanks for sharing this cute idea. I will give this craft project a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bam and it looks good too :) Love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! Happy Valentine's Day!! - Thanks for linking this wonderful post up to my “Themed Blog & Shop Hop!”
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting