No Sew DIY Fleece Scarf and Hat! Just in Time for Winter!


Guess What Ya'll? It is getting cold down here in South Georgia...Yep, we have even been having heavy frost of the car windows! That means it is time to pull out all my favorite winter coats, my Uggs, and....that is where I always remember that I didn't buy a new hat and scarf!

So, this year I decided to make my own! I went to several dollar stores, such as, Dollar General and Family Dollar, and our local Big Lots! All of these stores had great prices on cute, inexpensive fleece blankets.....so many designs...that I bought several ! I had searched all over "blog land to You Tube" and found a couple DIY No Sew ways to do this.....

Basically after cutting the tag off....I unfolded the blanket....length wise....realized that I could get about 3 scarves and had enough material to make 3 hats...
The is folded in half, cut length wise

Cut 5 inch strips in bottom and you have  scarf

This is square that I measured for my head and used fabric glue down the seam

Cut inch strips in one end..where I used  a piece of same material..


where I tied around the end...and I have a cute fleece hat!





Just in time for Christmas,

Blessings,

Deborah







Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Thanks for linking up with us at this week's Friday Pin Fest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so cute, and it looks so easy for even the crafty challenged. Hope you have a great day.


    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting